Privacy Notice – RxOwnership
Effective Date: August 16, 2018
At McKesson U.S. Pharmaceutical & Specialty Health (“McKesson” or “we”), we value the trust that our customers place in us to appropriately use and protect personal information. This Privacy Notice informs visitors of McKesson’s RxOwnership website (“website”) about the purposes for which McKesson may collect, use and share personal information and how it is protected. We want you to be clear how we’re using personal information and the ways in which we protect this information. By using this website, you accept the privacy practices presented in this Privacy Notice. We encourage you to read this Privacy Notice in full to understand our privacy practices before using this website or submitting any personal information.
This Privacy Notice applies only to the RxOwnership website (http://rxownership.com). McKesson affiliates and subsidiaries may have separate websites, subdomains, and applications through other web, mobile, cloud or SaaS platforms which are not subject to this Privacy Notice. Additionally, McKesson business partners, ad networks and other third parties may have their own websites and services with separate privacy practices. We encourage you to read the privacy notices of all websites you visit to understand their privacy practices and your options.
Personal Information We Collect
When you use this website, we may collect personal information about you. Personal information is any information accessed, collected, or used by McKesson that identifies an individual, or can reasonably be used to identify an individual, whether directly or indirectly. The personal information we may collect includes, but is not limited to:
- Contact information, such as email address and phone number
- City and state
- Professional and employment information, such as your pharmacy/employer name
- Unique identifiers and user behavioral information collected passively, such as your IP address, location, browser type, operating system and clickstream activity
- Information we may have about you from our affiliates’ databases and combine it with information we already have about you
- Information about you that you share or make visible on the Internet. We may combine such information with information we already have about you
Tracking Technologies We Use
We use various technologies to collect personal information about visitors to this website. These technologies include the following:
- Web server logs
- As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information may include IP addresses, browser type, internet service provider, referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp and/or clickstream data.
- Geo-location Services
- If you enable a location-based service on your browser, we may collect geo-location data to match your location to McKesson services rendered. Your browser or device may use various technologies to determine location, such as sensor data from your device that may provide information on nearby Wi-Fi access points and cell towers. You may opt-out of geo-location collection by changing the setting of your browser or device.
These technologies are used to analyze trends, gather demographic information about our users and perform data analysis and audits. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies from companies such as Google Analytics on an individual as well as aggregated basis. To learn more about Google’s privacy practices, click here. If you want to opt-out of your data being used by Google Analytics, click here.
How We Respond to “Do Not Track” Signals
Some web browsers have a ”Do Not Track” feature. This feature allows you to tell websites you visit that you do not want to have your online activity tracked over time and across websites. These features are not yet uniform across browsers and not broadly supported. This website is not currently set up to respond to those signals.
How We Use the Personal Information Collected
We may use the information collected for the following purposes:
- Customer and troubleshooting support
- Advertising services
- Data migration and/or installation services
- Marketing notices, newsletter, or communications via email or text message
- Marketing initiatives via surveys, contests, and research activities
- If you participate in surveys or contests, we will request certain personal information from you. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and you have a choice whether to disclose this information. We may use a third-party service provider to conduct these surveys or contests. We will not share the personal information you provide through a contest or survey with other third parties unless we give you prior notice and choice.
- Managed services
- Reporting or data analytics services
How We Share Personal Information Collected
- U.S. Pharmaceutical & Specialty Health does not sell personal information about you to third parties
- We may provide your personal information to third parties that provide services to help us with our business activities such as advertising. These companies are authorized to use personal information about you only as necessary to provide these services to us.
McKesson may also need to share information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of McKesson if we have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation, or disclosure of that information is reasonably necessary to:
- Meet applicable laws, regulations, legal processes or enforceable governmental requests
- Enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations
- Detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues
- Protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of our users, McKesson, or the public as required or permitted by law
- Engage in a merger, acquisition, reorganization, or sale of all or a portion of McKesson assets
Where appropriate or legally required, we will describe how your information that we collect through this website will be used and will provide choices about whether to allow us to engage in that use. To exercise your choice, you may request to access, correct, update or delete information about you by contacting your account representative or Privacy@McKesson.com.
We will retain your personal information for as long as your account is active, as reasonably useful for commercial purposes, or as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (“HIPAA”)
As a key provider of services and technology to the healthcare industry, McKesson has implemented programs to address the privacy and security requirements of HIPAA.
Seals, Buttons, and Content from Other Companies
This website includes seals, buttons and content links to other companies, such as Twitter. These features may collect your IP address, which page you are visiting on our site, and may set a cookie to enable the feature to function properly. When you use a link to go from this website to another website, our Privacy Notice is no longer in effect. We encourage you to read the Privacy Notice of each website you visit.
This site is not intended for any user under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. We request that children under the age of 13 not submit any personal information through this website.
How We Protect Your Information
McKesson has established appropriate physical, electronic and administrative safeguards to protect the information we collect from or about our users. We restrict access to personal information to McKesson employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information to process it for us, and who are subject to confidentiality obligations.
Any sensitive personal information will be transmitted in an encrypted form using SSL encryption. Notwithstanding our security safeguards, it is impossible to guarantee 100% security in all circumstances. If you have any questions about security or have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), you must immediately notify us of the problem by contacting McKesson at Privacy@McKesson.com.
Changes to this Privacy Notice2
We may periodically update this Privacy Notice to describe new features, products or services we offer and how it may affect our use of personal information about you and your controls. Since we may change this Privacy Notice, we recommend that you check the current version available from time to time. If we make changes to this notice, we will update the “Effective Date” at the beginning of this notice.
If you have questions or concerns about this Privacy Notice, our information handling practices, or any other aspect of privacy and security of your personal information, please contact us at: Privacy@McKesson.com.
You may also write to us at:
ATTN: Privacy Officer (Privacy Notice, U.S. Pharma RxOwnership)
2 National Data Plaza NE, 3rd Floor Atlanta, GA 30329